Friday, May 6, 2016

Ring shot!

I usually photograph people, but have been working on developing skills for macro photography and product shots lately. So I was excited for a creative opportunity to use both in a short deadline photo shoot this morning. 


All I had was my camera at the office, and my trusty 50mm. I pulled together some white surround materials, to bounce the light around, and found a piece of reflective silvery paper in the closet. With little time to edit, the result was this a beautiful product shot of a gorgeous ring a friend of mine was selling. 
It's fun to take an immediate challenge and come up with a creative and beautiful solution! That's how I like to approach all of my shoots - with an open mind for what presents itself creatively looking for what resources are available!
I'll use these skills on the next event I shoot for sure. 
Let's shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how your experience has been!